Wednesday, July 12, 2006

My Heart is with You, Riverbend

Here in the U.S. there are many issues that get our attention. We are quickly confronted with a new topic. No wonder we are so numb and resigned.

Riverbend,

I read your post last night. I just discovered it a month ago and waited nearly a month for your next post. I am sorry you lost your friend, that people can't walk outside, and I am pissed that 14 year old girls are being raped.

I don't know what I can do. I have written letters, attended protests, and shared my opinion with all who will listen. My country should not be in yours. I get so frustrated that I block the situation in Iraq out of my mind. I have the luxury of doing that here in the U.S., at least for the time being. But your blog reminds me and I will keep on reading it. At least I have to remain aware of what is happening in Iraq. I wish I could do more. If you have any ideas please let me know, because I don't.

My heart is with you,
Margaret

No comments: