Saturday, August 26, 2006

I'm Home!

I am so happy to be home.

Maya was in the driveway when I pulled in, waiting. This is usually where I see her when I come home even from a short trip to the grocery store. I sometimes wonder if she does much of anything except sit in the driveway and wait.

It was so nice to be in my own house with my own bathroom, my own kitchen, my own computer, and most of all my own bed. I just curled up in the fetal position on my love seat as I like to do in the summer and relaxed.

Eventually, Maya joined me. She does this thing where she looks up at me with her large yellow green eyes, then she'll jump up onto the bed/loveseat sit upright and suddenly fall curl into position along side of me.

She stayed with me most of the night. I don't even think she wanted to go out in the middle of the night like she usually does, but I may just not remember. Perhaps I carried on the routine sleepwalking.

She was there this morning when I finally woke up. I missed yoga to continue cuddling with and petting her. She has such soft and shiny black hair and thankfully does not mind attention.

It is really nice to be home.

No comments: