Saturday, August 19, 2006

Sky Burial

I just finished reading a powerful book, Sky Burial: An Epic Love Story of Tibet by Xinran.

Wow. I rarely read a book from start to finish in one day anymore. And I sure did cry. This is a true story. This is how Shu Wen spent her life. I am in awe that she could go into the unknown of Tibet in the late 50's searching for her husband for over 30 years. Margaret's wandering spirit definitely wants to put Tibet on my long term list of destinations (Once I decide where I am going next of course.)

This is a book you can devote a day to and feel that you could not have spent it more productively.

Om mani padme hum.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

My dearest Margaret,
When you go to Tibet...take lots of photos and email them to me. I've always been a bit obsessed with Tibet, the culture and ooooooooh the food! I had Tibetan food at my baby shower and blank prayer flags for guests to write baby blessings on.

I don't know when I'll fly again. I have issues in that area.