Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Another Mood

Now, I am in another mood.

I have been writing a letter of support for a grant for a local homeless youth shelter. My letter is making me cry.

Did you know that there are youth that have never experienced any kind of healthy relationship, even from their parents?

Did you know that there are youth that cannot even count the number sexual partners they have had in a given week in a vain attempt to dull the pain?

And agencies that try to veer them in the right direction are scrambling for funds, accepting crumbs while others have face lifts and breast jobs.

This world is so screwed.

2 comments:

julie said...

I agree with your last statment.
This is a very intense topic and a heart wrenching one as well. Please let us know if your letter makes a difference.
You are very brave to take on a job that brings som much injustice and so much pain. Most people turn their heads because it's either too much for them to handle or they want to continue to ignore and believe it doesn't exist.

Margaret said...

Julie,
I thought I'd let you know that the shelter sent me a thank you letter today and they will find out about the grant by December.
Margaret