Sunday, September 24, 2006

Evening Journal

I had a nice evening with someone who reminded me of complicated Lebanese politics.
While I have yet to sit myself down and update myself on these politics,
I must say that 80% cacao rocks!

Gordon Brothers' sauvignon blanc from Pasco on the other hand, is mediocre.

I have come closer to a decision.
If my dear prof Evelyne is still "de accord,"
I will be spending my vacation in Lebanon in December.

Oh my dear, J., it's time to do a ritual on me.
To keep me safe?
Saber.

Safety is my last concern.
It's when to tell my dear padres.
After I have actually bought my tickets?

I must admit that I do not understand their concern,
or that of my colleagues and friends for that matter.
Lebanon is a place
Just like many others that have lived through both war,
And peace.

Are people more afraid of the stories I bring back than my actual journey?
Perhaps.
Or maybe it's the energy that will accompany me.

I could fall into a spiralling depression.
It has happened before.
And if so, I welcome it.

Because, my depression is always followed by production.
Productive production.

Watch me jinx everything.

Madre mia,
Ayudame.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Dear Brave Soul,

Inhale positive thoughts.
Exhale negative thoughts.

No self-doubt.
No Margaret-bashing.
No Jinx.

Margaret said...

Thanks,Wendy.
Evelyne wrote back and the invitation stands. I have no details yet, but it looks as if I am going to Lebanon in December.