Thursday, September 28, 2006

Vegetables, Chicken, and Spices

I love my crockpot. I can just throw things in it without thinking about what order I do it in or whether or not something is going to burn. Plus, I can forget about the concoction for hours. This does not work so well with stove or oven cooked creations.

Earlier this evening, I threw together big chunks of organic green eggplant, a few juicy red tomatoes, a sliced carrot, a chopped onion, lots of chopped garlic, a sliced fuji apple and some free range chicken drumsticks. Then I added, cumin, turmeric, cayenne pepper, coriander, cloves, mustard, ginger, salt and black pepper and poured apple juice over the whole mixture.

I'm not sure how it tastes yet as it will be a few hours before its ready. Enough time for me to forget about it and do some reading, blogging, or something else. I'll have to report back on how it tastes.

No comments: