Thursday, November 09, 2006

The People of Beit Hanoun are Appealing to You

Usually I do not like to post pictures of dead people out of respect for them. They were once alive, living beings, and here they are dead and exposed.
But look at this picture. I see a young women and two young children. The woman looks a bit like a woman I saw in the audience at the event I went to tonight.
I just received an e-mail from a good friend of mine who walked across the U.S. in the 80's marching for peace. She can't bare to think about the violence in Palestine and Lebanon. Sure, we can look away, but is that moral? How can we live fulfilled lives when a woman and two young chidren are lying dead, caked in blood for no good reason? Wake up world, this makes no sense. If we all stopped being afraid to open our eyes, we could make a difference. I don't just believe it, I know it.

No comments: