Saturday, December 09, 2006

Strong Women Candles


I made this candle for my secret person at work. I bought a plain religious candle and pasted on a picture of Rosie the Riveter. I also found these beautiful stickers of roses which I stuck all around her and used glitter glue and my glue gun to paste on sequins. I used funky letter stickers to spell out, "You Can Do It!"
I had wanted to do a whole series of them and give them as gifts for the holidays but I haven't gotten very far. I have been collecting pictures of strong women. So far I have Rosie, Margaret Sanger with her mouth gagged, Emma Goldman, and Arundhati Roy.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

OH...and lovely tribute in light to some amazing powerful women...and the lucky lady to be receiving it.

Margaret said...

Thanks, Wendy.

Julie said...

I love this candle!! How inspiring and creative!!