Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Random images, thoughts, and questions

A "Buche de Noel" with tacky plastic Christmas trinkets.





Touching soil with my hand as soon as I can.

Will I recognize anything? Will the drive from the airport look familiar to me? I see dry open space with a concrete divider in the middle. Is it all built up now?


How soon after I arrive will I see a shopping mall?


A cold that came by surprise.

I want to bring a bunch of female condoms in case I am able to visit Dar al-Amal.


Hiking in the mountains and picking cyclamens and thyme.

Why is it that just around the time I started thinking seriously about visiting Lebanon the political situation there became worse?


Is there something that I haven't planned for at work?


Being surrounded by the sounds of Arabic and French,

Khubus, maybe even mountain bread, fresh from the black dome,

Manaeesh,

And a large expanse of water.

No comments: