Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Cyclamens and sadness

I'm feeling a bit down tonight. I can't completely dissect the myriad of reasons why but I know that I miss Lebanon and my friends.

What better symbolizes the country I love more than cyclamens? This first photograph was taken on my walk in Beit Mery. I wish they were blooming but that happens in the spring. Did I tell you that I used to pick them wild in the mountains behind my house?

When Mansour's son Jimmy discovered that I liked cyclamens, he insisted that I take a picture of the potted variety on their balcony. I miss Jimmy and Valery already.

I probably will have to go out and buy a cyclamen plant from the store. A poor alternative but that's all that is available here.

2 comments:

Carol Gee said...

Glad to hear you've arrived safely. And I, too, often feel a bit let down after a big trip. Your buying a pot of flowers in the winter is something I might try. Thanks for all your great posts in these recent days. I read them all.

Margaret said...

Thanks, Carole. It means alot to me that you read my posts. I still have more Lebanon posts. I'm behind.