Thursday, March 15, 2007

Walk Revelations

I took a walk after work today and admitted to myself that I want to be living and working in an environment where I can be immersed in many other cultures and languages. Right now I am in a job that is challenging and that I love. It's just this travel bug that I have...I want to live somewhere outside of the United States. Women's issues are what stir me. Now I just have to figure out what jobs I would enjoy doing and what skills I need for them. I will also need to work on my French and Spanish, get them to fluency point again. I should work out a study plan for Arabic too. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed by all of this. Do I have the skills? Can I develop them? Do I want to risk my stable job? Am I too old for this?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bite your tongue! Your NEVER to old for your dreams...and I NEVER knew you to lack the skills to pursue them or the ability to acquire them for that matter...

A

margaret said...

Thanks for the reminder. I wrote this before we talked and helped me out of my mood as you usually do.