Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Dear Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg,

Thank you for dissenting. I have been wanting to write a thank you and a position piece on my blog ever since that fateful day, April 18, when the U.S. Supreme Court made a decision that in your own words is "devastating to women's health."
Today is no more the day. However, I did want to acknowledge your dissent and thank you. It is especially impactful today as I help a friend with a difficult decision. And oh how I wish she could make that decision without all of the false messages of never being able to have a child again or how dangerous it is! Childbirth is more of a risk than abortion. Not that this is the decision she will need to make and I will support her no matter. I just thank you for dissenting and reiterating to all that this is a decision that women need to make for themselves. Not lawyers and politicians. This is a difficult enough decision to make, why do politics have to get involved?

1 comment:

Lacithecat said...

Oh yes. Sigh ...