Tuesday, June 12, 2007

In case you were wondering...

I have been doing much better personally. Friday night was very difficult and I was pretty raw on Saturday. I slowly started to see that I had been projecting alot of meaning onto L.. I haven't been super happy with the way my life has been going recently and in some unconscious crevice of my complicated mind, I decided that L. was part of the fix. Not that I do not adore her, because I do. I am just much more willing to accept our differences than I was.

And so, as I had taken the day off to recuperate mentally and emotionally from my weekend, I decided to wear myself out physically by taking a walk through Ballard and past Shilshole Bay to Golden Gardens Park where I was able to rejoice in a sunny day and look out onto the Puget Sound.




I love ...

the smell of seaweed strewn on the beach by the tide. It crunches under my feet when it dries.

The sound of grains of sand being carried along the beach by the wind,

the open expanse that enfolds in front of me,



the lines that masts are against the sky,

and the ability of human beings to be creative by knitting a sweater for a pole,

just because.



I also love. . .



using my eyes.

7 comments:

Wendy said...

"Live your questions now, and perhaps even without knowing it, you will live along some distant day into your answers" -Rainer Maria Rilke


You brave, sweet soul...I celebrate you!

Carol Gee said...

Margaret, your photos are just magnificent.
I was born and raised in a dry western state, but have always felt some kind of kinship with the sea. Go figure. Best to you.

Lacithecat said...

(((hug)))

margaret said...

Wendy,
I love that Rilke quote. I think of it often.

Carol Gee,
Do you ever get to the Gulf??? Despite the oil rigs, I love the Texas coast. I've spent quite a bit of time on it.

lacithecat,
Thanks for the hug. I needed it.

Carol Gee said...

Margaret, yes I did, and so enjoyed taking our young kids there. But my very favorite ocean-side is Point Lobos, near Monterrey, California. It is absolutely breath-taking. Cheers.

Wendy said...

i just wanted to add that...the fact that no one has scooped you up reinforces my belief that the world has gone mad!

margaret said...

Wendy,
I don't think the world has gone mad. I am a free spirit, idealistic, wanderer and I have yet to find my partner. This person is probably wandering around just as much as me and when we finally run into each other...watch out world!!!
Who knows if I would have done as much wandering/discovering if I had been "scooped up."
Thanks for the kind thoughts though :)