Saturday, July 28, 2007

Eight Revelations

Frida tagged me and requested that I reveal eight things about myself that I have not yet shared on my blog. I feel that I am an open book on here, sometimes causing tension with friends and family because I share too much. But I will try...

1. I LIKE STATION WAGONS. I don't have one now but my last car was a black Honda station wagon that I named Maude. Before that I had Ford Taurus station wagon. I was proud of the fact that I could fit all of my possessions in it and take off at a moment's notice. I kept organic collectables on the dashboard that moved around when I turned corners.

2. I STARTED A DEGREE IN METALSMITHING THAT I NEVER FINISHED. I like/d making things and using my hands, using unusual materials to make funky odd organic forms, mixing chemicals to make patinas, finding images in my readings and incorporating them into three dimensional forms. But I didn't want to make a career of it and actually got to the point where I couldn't make objects anymore. Which is when I jumped into my station wagon and...

3. Drove to the South Texas border with Mexico where I lived for the next 3 1/2 years.

4. I still hold my forks and spoons as if they were shovels. My friend in Lebanon, P., saw me doing this when I visited. She said I also did it as a child.

5. I like sleeping on the floor in my sleeping bag even when I am in my own home.

6. I LIVED IN NEW ORLEANS FOR ABOUT EIGHT YEARS. I love that place. This is the longest I have ever lived anywhere, besides Lebanon. The longest I have ever lived at the same physical address is two and some odd months and that is in my current abode!

7. When I was a teenager, my father, mother, and I went sailing on Long Island Sound. There were high seas and the stays on the mast broke. I clung to the bow and prayed to a God that I wasn't even sure existed that I would become a nun if I survived (My father didn't tell me that my life was not in danger until much later.) I have decided that being a social worker and working to create a more equitable world for all is just as good if not better than becoming a nun.

And it is now tagging time. I tag lacithecat, wendy, myrthe, and carol gee. I am looking forward to learning something new about my fellow bloggers!!!

6 comments:

Myrthe said...

Thanks for the tag, Margaret! I will put my eight things up in a couple of days. There's a reason for not putting the post up sooner, but you'll find out. Suspense! Suspense!

Frida said...

Thanks for playing. I like the idea of being able to pack everything up and go too... And I agree about the deal you made with god - isn't working to create a more equitable world what some nuns are called to do anyway?

Wendy said...

Eight things revealed as you requested...not very profound, but 8 things nonetheless :-)

more like stream of consciousness revelations......

margaret said...

Myrthe,
Looking forward to your responses and I can be patient :)

Frida,
It was fun.

Wendy,
Yippee! Thanks for playing. i'll go check out your blog now...

Carol Gee said...

Margaret, I put my quick responses as a comment after your comment. I am also composing a regular post at my alternate blog: http://secondmondays.blogspot.com/

Thanks so much for the tag!

Myrthe said...

My eight things are up as well!