Thursday, July 12, 2007

It has been a year...


It has been a year since the country of my childhood once again experienced war.

My determination to create the possibility of peace, happiness, love, and limitless inspiration will remain strong despite momentary lapses into sadness. I believe in peace. I believe in love. I believe in happiness. And I will do everything in my power to inspire
others with this belief.
We can erase the word ______ from our vocabularies and hence from our thoughts and our actions!
affirm life.
affirm life.
we got to carry each other now.
you are either with life, or against it.
affirm life.
Suheir Hammad

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for remembering Lebanon in such a moving way and thanks for the poem!
Love,
E

margaret said...

E.,
Isn't Suheir Hammad amazing?

Ridaah83@hotmail.com said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Frida said...

You inspire me to continue believing. Thanks you.

I'm learning not to resist my sadness but to release it as it comes. I'm learning, slowly.

margaret said...

Frida,
No, let your sadness out. There is too many reasons to be sad to keep it bottled up inside. I am trying to find a way to continue to apprecaite the beauty in this world and still be pissed as all hell and proactive at making this earth a more equitable place. I don't take my treks in hope and beauty for granted. I try to use them as reminders of hope, of positive energy that can be passed on to others.
By the way, you inspire me too.
M

margaret said...

Rida,
I will make sure to e-mail and get back in touch with Nayla. I so look forward to hearing how she is doing.
Roumieh and Lebanon are a part of me.
Peace,
Margaret