Sunday, July 08, 2007

Reactions?

It is late and I just got home from the second long day of my Landmark Advanced Course. I have so much to sleep on tonight. I will make sure to write about what I am experiencing on Monday, or Tuesday, when we have a two-day break.

In the mean time, I received feedback from one person that my previous post made them angry. If you had any reactions to it, I encourage you to make a comment. I posted the quotes because they made me uncomfortable as well.

I firmly believe that is often important to go where we feel uncomfortable and look at why we feel this way. I will also make a point to explain more why these quotes made me uncomfortable and why I felt that they were important enough to post, just not tonight. Monday, or Tuesday.

In Peace,
Margaret

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Hi Margaret. I'm not sure if any of your other readers are having this problem, but the template of your blog is being cut off on both sides. No matter how I resize the window, all the text in your side bar is cut in half and the text to your posts are at the extreme left with now margin on that size.

margaret said...

My screen must be wider than yours, Wendy. I tried to scrunch it in a little but since it appears fine on my screen I can't say for sure if it's better. Could you let me know if you can see it all now?
Thanks,
m

Anonymous said...

This happened only in the last few days! I also noticed this change and even though I can read all the text, it is crunched on both the right and the left and not nicely centered as before! But I can read it without problems!
Take care,
E

Wendy said...

hmmm. i'm on a mac so maybe that's the problem. though when i'm on my own blog, i would have to make the window really really small to cut off anything. and on your template i have to stretch the window all the way to the edges of my screen (which is a pretty darn big) and your text still starts at the very edge with no margin. i can't figure it out, M.

margaret said...

Wendy,
L. was saying something about how it has to do with the kind of internet connection you have. I didn't get it. I do know that my screen is pretty wide and I fiddled with the template to stretch the text out more. I am trying to unstretch it but I don't have a clear sense of what I had it set at before so it will take me a couple of tries. Please bear with me.
M

Anonymous said...

I did not mean to imply that it was the internet connection that mattered but rather I found problems depending on which computer I used. My laptop (the oldest) gave me problems though right now it's not cut off, so for me whatever you did worked. My new intel iMac, however, never gave me problems.
L

Anonymous said...

The problem seems to be solved for me now; it reads perfectly well fitted in the page again and well centered.
I have been on the same computer all along! Maybe you fixed it Maragaret! Great!
E