Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Getting right back up

Both Frida and Myrthe commented on the fact that I don't seem to stay depressed for long. This is somewhat true. I have been dealing with depression all of my life and just don't let it stop me. Once I get myself moving, I just keep going.

Like yesterday, I woke up and started climbing down from my loft. I am so used to the ladder that I don't even think about it. It's no bother even to get up in the middle of the night. But this morning I had thick socks on and, in my excitement, I slipped. My rump hit every rung on the way down.

I got up, cleaned up everything that had scattered around the room during my fall, and went along with my day.

Today, I noticed this big black and blue mark. It's really quite beautiful and it only hurts a little bit.




5 comments:

Wendy said...

oooh i've done the very same thing many moons ago! it was my very first flat in nyc and the bedroom was so small there was no room for anything bigger than a twin sized bed. so i built a loft bed with shelves and my desk fit under it and i had a tiny bit of room to spare for my dresser.

i even had little strips of glow in the dark tape on my ladder so i could see it in the dark. it was the dang socks that did me in too!

ouch, ouch, ouch!

Lacithecat said...

Ouch!

Matt said...

Ouch is right! Looks like it hurt quite a bit! . Hey Margaret, just so you know I tagged you for a meme on my blog, if you want :)

Have a great weekend, and try not to hurt yourself anymore! :)

Jan said...

Ouch--hope it doesn't hurt as much as it looks like it would. Thanks for writing about depression and climbing out of it. I've been wondering today if I was getting depressed again and am not sure where the sadness is coming from. NOt to surrender to it.

mahimaisme said...

OUCH!
that looks like it hurts!!
hope its better soon!