Thursday, October 18, 2007

This is Pathetic

I just reread some of my recent posts and have decided that enough is enough. Most of my recent posts have been pity festivals in one form or another. I appreciate my blogger friends for putting up with me, but I AM SICK OF IT!!

This is it. I am not going to mope for awhile. I am going to write about the complexities of life, everything that makes me mad, sad (except for my most popular topic of the last few months), and also happy. Tonight I am going to stay home and clean my place, do my homework, maybe write an article for our donor newsletter, and perhaps I might post about something that is in inspiring me in my reading.

Just because my dear friend B. sent this to me today and because reading is one place that I find inspiration, I will leave you with a quote:

Every intellectual effort sets us apart from the commonplace and leads us by hidden and difficult paths to secluded spots where we find ourselves amid unaccustomed thoughts.
-Jose Ortega y Gasset

1 comment:

Spokie said...

I think this is a much better attitude. I feel like you'll be more apt to meet someone who falls in love with all of your attributes and you have so many of those.

When you feel comfortable enough to share your downtime with them, they should be appreciative of the fact that you are trusting them to see all sides of you.

good luck on your search

With this new attitude, I seriously doubt you will need it.

go M!