Thursday, December 06, 2007

Mom Mom

My father has been sending out photos of ancestors for a few months now. It has been a little hard for me to appreciate them because I don't know anything about them. This time, however, my father sent childhood photos of a relative that I actually knew and love deeply, my grandmother. She's the middle one in both. I miss her. She was strong and encouraged my love of the arts and languages. She would always buy my cousin and me the same thing for holidays but my cousin always received it in a pastel color while mine was always a

BRIGHT

SATURATED

COLOR.

She knew and accepted early on that I am not a pastel girl. I am pure INTENSITY!!!
I think I will make a copy of the above photo and frame it. I like Mom Mom's bob in it.



Once again, I miss you Mom Mom! Not a day goes by that I don't think of you and carry you in my heart.

May the women who engendered me know and be proud. Hopefully, I am continuing at least superficially to a sustainable future for all.

May women no longer have to conform and sacrifice their dreams as they often had to do in the past.

I love you, Mom Mom. Thank you for being there for me and helping me grow.

1 comment:

Jan said...

This is so nice. Thank you, Margaret.