Tuesday, July 01, 2008

I am a little burned out with studying. I hate to say this since it hasn't even been a week since I have been in classes yet. Plus, I prepared for this trip for months. I knew that I was going to spend alot of my time studying. I want to learn the language. I just also want to make sure that I take advantage of this time away from work. Refresh myself, not burn myself further. In addition to learning Arabic, I want to write, explore, read, and reflect. I want to be able to walk through a place and say, "I went to school here," "I fell off my bike here," " My parents and I went to eat here,"... Plus, I want to rid myself of any exoticised memories that I may have. I want to see as much as I can as clearly as possible. I will have to give up being a perfect student to accomplish this. This is a good exercise for me.

No comments: