Friday, August 08, 2008

The Gift of Being Lazy

I received this e-mail response to my last post. The author has a good point. Since it is about the creative process and production, I thought that I would share it. It is from L. Those of you who have been checking in on my blog may recognize her as the person that I dated for two months over a year ago and was quite smitten with. I don't know if I can follow her advice but I will logically consider it.

I read your blog post about writing last night. What immediately came up for me is the thought: can you be ok with yourself even if you don't "produce" something during your time off??? Why do you feel like you HAVE to write something? It sounded like if you didn't produce some writing you would think less of yourself. And I'm just wondering if you can give yourself the gift of being lazy?!?!?! :-) And that's not being lazy anyway.

No comments: