Friday, November 28, 2008

A Grey Day

Yesterday was a wonderful day with loved ones and friends. Today, on the other hand, it is rather dreary outside. I learned recently that the day after Thanksgiving is called "Black Friday" by people in retail sales because it is the biggest shopping day of the year and just this one day can get retail establishments out of the "black" for the whole year. I don't know how I managed to go 40 years without hearing this term, but I have to say that it makes me proud that I hadn't.










To create a positive day out of this lack of sunshine, I was determined to take a walk and find beauty in the grey.
It even started snowing as I proceeded. These photos are what I came up with.

Enjoy your day!
Addendum: I have learned that being in the "black" is a good thing. It is being in the "red" that means being in a financial hole. Ah, the things one learns...

No comments: