Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Vandana Shiva Lecture

I had planned to drive for at least one hour and a half each way this evening to hear a woman that I greatly admire, Vandana Shiva. The more I thought about it, however; the more I realized that my driving for so long and expanding my carbon footprint was in direct opposition to what she discusses. It is not a sustainable practice. On the other hand, the internet is a wonderful way of narrowing divides. Plus it isn't as environmentally negative (as far as I know) and I can cuddle on the couch with my sweetie while listening to Vandana Shiva speak.

This is long piece. 76 minutes to be exact. So make sure you are ready to sit down and watch it. In my opinion, she's worth it. I wouldn't bother posting it if I didn't think highly of her.

I tried to download the video and experienced technical difficulties, so here is the link. In case it works here's the video as well.

No comments: