Monday, December 29, 2008

Hull Cleaning

Couldn't sleep. The current situation in Gaza is motivating me to remove some of the cynical stagnation off my hull. Wrote a quick e-mail to my representatives urging them to pressure Israel for an immediate end to the current violence. This is a short term solution that I recommend everyone do. I will write a longer letter later. Not sure what else to do right now. A friend sent me a link to the Global BDS Movement: Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions for Palestine. I also have started reading One Country: A Bold Proposal to End the Israeli-Palestinian Impasse by Ali Abunimah the cofounder of electronic intifada. He basically says that a two-state solution won't work. I just finished the chapter on Israel's broken agreements. Sad and overwhelming. But, that was Chapter Two. Proposed solutions will follow.

Art always sees me through these bouts of insomnia and paralysis. Enjoy.


No comments: